Sea to Summit IPOOd
The strongest, lightweight, compact camp trowel in the world. Poo with pride!
If no facilities are available, use the Sea To Summit iPOOd! to deposit solid human waste in a hole dug 10-15 cm deep and at least 100 metres from water-bodies, camp, tracks, and watercourses. To promote decomposition, choose a site in organic soil, rather than sandy mineral soil and in the sun rather than the shade.
Use the Sea To Summit iPOOd! to dig the hole, and gently remove a plug of sod containing roots and soil and carefully put it aside. After use, and before replacing the plug of sod, use a stick to mix some soil into the faeces to promote decomposition. The microbes found in the organic layer of soil will break down faeces and the pathogens they contain. In some locations the organic layer may be shallow or almost non-existent. Do your best to seek the most appropriate site. Replace the plug and disguise the hole by lightly tamping down around the edges. Then "naturalise" the site by scattering leaf litter and disguise it well after use.
- Strong ultralight 6066- T6 aluminium alloy
- Hard anodized blade to Rockwell C 70
- Ingenious collapsible, carry anywhere design
- Handle has a comfortable, full-size grip for easier and more efficient digging
- A handy hollow handle for storing useful items like toilet tissue, hand sanitizer or lighter
- Lightweight, compact and easy to carry
- Comes complete with own stuff sack
- Approximate length at full size 24 cm; collapsed length 14 cm
- Weighs only 99g
Supported by "Leave No Trace - Outdoor Ethics"