ACR PATHFINDER™ PRO SEARCH AND RESCUE TRANSPONDER
Drastically increase your probability of survival at sea with the Pathfinder PRO Search and Rescue Transponder.
The Pathfinder Pro is a fully approved Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) that complies with IMO SOLAS regulations. When interrogated by radar, the Pathfinder Pro returns 12 intense blips back to the vessels radar screen, greatly enhancing search and rescue efforts. The superior lithium battery provides over 96 hours of operating life in standby mode (waiting to be interrogated by radar) and 12 hours of active operating life (while interrogated by radar).
The Pathfinder Pro comes with a sleek wall mount to keep this compact SART out of the way, yet readily accessible in an emergency. The attached telescopic pole conveniently connects to the bottom of the SART and provides for maximum height and visibility out of a life craft. The SART can also be suspended inside the craft for hands free usage.
A Search and Rescue Transponder (SART) is mandatory for all commercial vessels that must conform to GMDSS, and any vessel carrying more than one life raft.
- Any IMO SOLAS vessel on international voyages are required to carry a SART
- 300-500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 1 SART
- Over 500 Gross Register Tonnage (GRT) must carry a minimum of 2 SARTs
- 1 SART for every four life rafts on Ro-Ro passenger vessels
- Enhances radar returns with 12 intense blips, whereby the first blip represents the SARTs location
- Unit transmits through the 9.2-9.5 GHz band marine radar when interrogated by radar
- Vessel mounting bracket and collapsible pole
- Compact 8.94 x 2.56 Inches (227 mm x 65 mm) unit easily packs into life raft
- Waterproof to 10 meters (33 ft)
- Non-Hazmat Lithium battery (5-year replacement life) operates for over 96 hours in standby mode plus an additional 12 operational hours
- Worldwide certifications; complies with IMO, MED, FCC and IEC standards
- Operational Life - 96 hours in stand-by mode; in excess of 12 hours in operational mode
- Application: mandatory requirement for all vessels governed by GMDSS; any yacht or vessel carrying more than one life raft to accommodate crew and passengers
- Battery: Lithium/Iron Disulfide (Li/FeS2) — Non Hazardous
- Operation: Break protective cover, slide and hold yellow switch to the left, slide the red switch into the down position.
- Deployment: Manual
- Frequency: 9.2-9.5GHz
- Waterproof: >10 meters @ +20 degrees C
- Output power: >26 dBm eirp
- Operating temperature range: -20 degrees C to +55 degrees C
- Storage temperature range: -30 degrees C to +70 degrees C
- Standby operating life: >96 Hours
- Active operating life: >12 Hours
- Certification: FCC, MED, Industry Canada, and Chinese CCS type approval certificate. Tested to IMO and IEC Standards
- Dimensions: 227 x 65 x 60 mm
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.