GLOBALFIX V4 406 MHZ GPS EPIRB - CLASS 2 - CAT 2
The all-new GlobalFIX V4 406 MHZ GPS EPIRB - CLASS 2 - CAT 2 is specifically designed to meet Australian and New Zealand standards. This is the Category II - Manual release model.
Drastically increase your probability of survival at sea with the multiple built-in redundancies of the GlobalFIX™ V4 marine distress EPIRB. Upon activation, the GlobalFIX™ V4’s robust internal GPS accurately fixes your exact location. Your coordinates are then broadcast via a powerful 406 MHz distress signal to Search and Rescue forces worldwide. In the absence of GPS data, orbiting Cospas-Sarsat satellites can accurately triangulate your position using the 406 MHz signal alone. A 121.5 MHz homing signal further guides searchers to your exact position.
INFO & FEATURES:
- Part Number: 2831 (Category II)
- Model Number: RLB-41
- Size (no antenna): 20.7 cm X 10.9 cm
- Weight: Category II - 990 g
- Weight (beacon only): 764 g
- GPS: Internal GPS (66 Channel)
- Battery: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium battery (user replaceable) - LiMnO2 (P/N 1104)
- Battery Replacement: 10 year user replaceable battery (replace 10 years after date of manufacture or after activation)
- Material: High impact UV resistant polymer
- Strobe: 4 LED Array Strobe Light
- Deployment: Category II - Manual release
- Activation: Out of bracket and wet, or manually in or out of bracket
- Waterproof: 10m for 5 min.
- Output Power: 5 W +/- 2dB (406.037 MHz); 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
- Operational Life: 48 hours minimum @ -20°C
- Typical Performance: +48 hrs @ -20°C, longer in higher ambient temperature
- Operating Temp: -20°C to +55°C (Class 2)
- Storage Temp: -30°C to +70°C
- Accessories: SeaShelter™4 (P/N 2832), QuickDraw™ V4 (P/N 2833), Cat I HydroFix™ HRU (P/N 9490.1)
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED (Pending), IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.