The quintessential bikepacking bag for the great outdoors. The Backcountry Saddle Pack is an essential partner for bikepacking trips in the wilderness and for carrying layers for all-day rides. Designed to hold light, compressible gear on off-road rides, these mountain bike saddle bags provide a spacious compartment under the saddle, eliminating the need for a rear rack. The three-point attachment system and optional Dropper Post Adapter ensure a secure, sway free fit and dropper post compatibility. The waterproof fabrics offer unparalleled resistance to abrasion and tears, and it’s also simple to pack down. There’s a bungee cord for spare clothing, while reflective graphics and light attachment point mean that there’s no need to compromise on safety. The saddle bag is available in two sizes for longer rides and multi-day adventures, with both being optimised for bikes with limited clearance. Additionally, the roll-down compression and closure system mean the saddle bag’s volume can be tailored precisely to fit a range of packing needs. This bag is compatible with dropper posts when used with a Dropper Post Adapter such as our own or the Wolf Tooth Valais.
- Abrasion-resistant panels for protection
- Compatible with dropper posts when using an adapter
- Roll-down closure for adjustable capacity
- Reinforced structure for increased riding stability
- Optimised for bikes with limited rear wheel clearance
- Hard-wearing, all-weather Dimension-Polyant VX21 and Hypalon
- 4.5L: H 14cm x W 14cm x L 24 - 30cm. Weight: 235g
- 6L: H 15cm x W 16cm x L 24 - 36cm. Weight: 290g
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.