CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO MANUFACTURERS SUPPLY CHAIN.
NEW STOCK NOT EXPECTED BEFORE FEBRUARY.
WE RECOMMEND THE OCEAN SIGNAL RESCUEME PLB AS AN ALTERNATE.
Available under Ocean Signal on our website.
Outdoor enthusiasts now have access to the latest in cutting edge Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) technology with the new 406 MHz SafetyAlert PLB from KTI.
Setting an unprecedented world standard in PLB design and performance, the new KTI SafetyAlert is compact, fast and reliable. Ideal for bushwalkers, four wheel drivers, cross country skiers and small aircraft pilots, the KTI SafetyAlert PLB is the ultimate global rescue link for people who want peace of mind in the outdoors.
Built to replace the popular KTI RB3 beacon, the new 406 MHz SafetyAlert harnesses the more accurate 406MHz COSPAS-SARSAT satellite frequency to deliver pinpoint detection accuracy and faster rescue response times.
The KTI SafetyAlert leads the world not only in design and technology, but breaks new ground in efficiency with a class leading 10 year battery life. Ultra-low current circuitry and low-loss antenna system delivers performance that exceeds the COSPAS-SARSAT requirements of 24 hours continuous transmission at -20°C.
For premium performance the KTI SafetyAlert PLB is GPS equipped with a location accuracy of down to 3.0 metres. The GPS receiver is coupled to a chip style antenna which provides high sensitivity together with superior resistance against detuning by nearby objects.
- Size: Compact, lightweight design
- Antenna: Marine grade stainless steel, flexible, multi-position
- Buoyancy: Self buoyant – no need for external flotation aids
- Strobe: High intensity photo-flash LED
- Activation: Simple one-hand activation
- Carry Pouch: Camera style carry pouch with belt loop
- Lanyard: Detachable with pictorial instructions and whistle
- Mirror: Supplied with high reflectivity mirror
- Warranty: 10 year parts and labour
- Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
- Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
- Weight: 140g
- Size: 88mm x 64mm x 31mm
- Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
- Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
- Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
- 66 channel receiver
- 5 minute position updates
- accurate to 3.0m (CEP50)
- Cold start acquisition time < 35 seconds typical
- Chip style antenna design, highly resistant to detuning by nearby objects
- Hi Vis soft carry pouch with belt loop
- Detachable lanyard with pictoral instructions & whistle
- High reflectivity mirror
AVAILABLE EXTRAS: (not included)
- Hard camera style case with belt loop
- Floating neoprene pouch with belt loop
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.