Greg Minnaar's signature tire - the Maxxis Assegai - provides tenacious, predictable grip across the entire profile no matter the lean angle. The Assegai can be used front and rear for a surefooted feel or as a front paired with a faster rolling rear tire.
- Dual compound, 3C MaxxTerra, or 3C MaxxGrip options
- 60 TPI, DoubleDown (2x120 TPI), or Downhill (2x60 TPI) casing options
- EXO or EXO+ puncture protection options
- Wide Trail (WT) sizes are optimized for 35mm inner width rims
- Select specs are Tubeless Ready (TR), confirm in table below
Category: Trail, Enduro, Downhill
Recommended use: All trail, enduro, and downhill conditions
Recommended installation: Front
Maxxis’ 3C MaxxTerra is an intermediate triple compound configuration used across our mountain tire line. The 3C MaxxTerra compound offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip, which makes it ideal for trail riding in all conditions.
Maxxis’ 3C MaxxGrip compound uses the stickiest, slowest rebounding rubber we offer in a mountain bike tire. This high traction compound is the same one used by our top World Cup Downhill and Enduro World Series athletes and is now available in a variety of casing configurations to cover all riders.
- 3C MaxxGrip + EXO casing = Light duty trail riding in wet/slick conditions
- 3C MaxxGrip + EXO+ casing = All-around trail riding in wet/slick conditions
- 3C MaxxGrip + DoubleDown casing = Enduro racing and e-bikes
- 3C MaxxGrip + Downhill casing = Downhill racing and long travel e-bikes
EXO is a cut- and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of many Maxxis mountain bike and gravel tires. This densely woven fabric is lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for enhanced durability for gravel, XC, and light-duty trail riding.
EXO+ is Maxxis’ medium-duty puncture protection option suitable for all-around trail riding and light weight e-bikes. We begin with a durable 60 TPI casing, add in our legendary EXO puncture protection layer in the sidewalls, and top it off with a small butyl insert around the bead. The tough casing and EXO material ward off damage from rocks and roots, while the butyl insert protects the tire from pinch flats and helps prevent rim damage.
DOUBLE DOWN (DD)
DoubleDown (DD) is our casing solution for enduro racing and e-bike use. Two layers of our lightweight 120 TPI casing material are combined with a butyl sidewall insert to create a highly durable tire with more trail feedback than a Downhill casing tire. DoubleDown tires are marginally lighter than their Downhill counterparts, but it’s really the difference in “trail feel” that sets the two apart. Some riders may prefer the highly damped ride provided by a Downhill casing tire.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.