The Ice Line is a must have rope for ice climbers and expert climbers for its extreme fluidity and very low impact force. Its thinness makes for an exceptionally free running rope but also demands appropriate and specific belaying technique. UNICORE® technology, indispensable on a thin rope, prevents sheath slippage and bunching and, due to the bonding between the core and the sheath, will allow you to escape by abseil even if the sheath is cut, giving you extra security. This rope also has a Golden Dry treatment of the core plus a Dry Cover sheath to provide more resistance to ice and water and reduced weight gain in wet conditions as well as better resistance to abrasion, dust and water.
The weight and free-running of twin tope plus the advantages of a double rope
Ultra low impact force
The rope doesn't bunch up, and remains supple for the long term
Sharp edge resistance - possesses all the advantages conferred by the UNICORE® technology (prevents sheath slippage, sheath bunching and allows escape by abseil even if the sheath is cut)
Every filament of the sheath and core of Golden Dry ropes is treated with a water repellent chemical that is polymerised at high temperatures for durability before the rope is manufactured resulting in a rope that gains little weight when wet, thickens only minimally, has improved abrasion resistance and has improved running when passed through carabiners and belay devices
Sheath percentage = 41%
Water absorption: Beal Guarantee = 1.5%, UIAA laboratory = <5%
3 year guarantee (normal wear and tear, modifications or alterations, bad storage, bad maintenance, accidental damage, negligence, and/or uses for which the product was not designed excluded)
Rope Type Half
Number of Bobbins 32
Weight Per Metre 39g
Guaranteed Impact Force 4.9kN (80kg)
Guaranteed Number of Falls 6
Sheath Slippage 0mm
Extension During 1st Fall 37%
Static Elongation 11.50%
Made From Polyamid (PA)
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.