With more options than a Swiss Army knife, this is the go-to tarp for the thru-hiker, minimalist, or ultralight connoisseur. Barely weighing more than your key chain, this easy to use tarp can be set up in multiple configurations. The Onyx can be tied over a hammock, pitched over a sleeping bag, erected over a kitchen snow pit, or used as an emergency rain shelter over your raft and can be stowed away in the smallest of spaces.
The ultimate in lightweight, minimalist versatility
Designed using the lightest high tenacity fabric on the market
Plethora of guy-out points create multiple configuration options allowing for optimal coverage in any location
Included strut pole can be inserted into laser-cut Hypalon tabs in center of tarp for increased head room
Strut pole can also be used in place of a trekking pole along edge of tarp
6.69 sq mtr is the approximate floor area based on the dimensions of the tarp when fla
Tarp is silicone treated nylon rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
DAC Featherlite NFL pole
8 superlight aluminum J stakes
4 additional 48” guylines included
Stuff sack with a pole sleeve pocket for easy storage
Trail Weight 284 gr
Packed Weight 397 gr
Fast Fly Weight 227 gr
Packed Size 7.62cm x 37cm
Floor Area 72sq ft
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.