Crevasse rescue is one of the most technically complex skills a mountaineer will ever need to learn; it is also one of the most essential. While climbers can go for years without having to set up a Z-pulley system, they need to be ready for that one crucial moment when it is essential.
The Crevasse Rescue Pocket Guide allows glacier climbing parties to have a rugged, packable resource to reference in the field. Climbers can pull it out on their way to the climb, at a pre-glacier break on the route, or for a few minutes at night in the tent—it's a convenient, step-by-step refresher to look at on trips where this knowledge may be needed.
Similar to Mountaineers Books' successful Avalanche Pocket Guide, the new Crevasse Rescue Pocket Guide is a full-color, 16-panel laminated and folded card for in-the-field reference. Alpine climbers will keep the guide in their crevasse rescue kit when traveling on glaciers. Not a substitute for training and practice, it's a handy, lightweight reminder and reference tool that helps rope mates and rescuers implement rescue techniques efficiently and correctly in a highly stressful situation.
By author: Mountaineers Books
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Cards
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.