The DD SuperLight - Pyramid Tent - Family Size has room enough to sleep up to 4 people (2 adults, 2 children), making it the go-to option for camping with your family, or a sociable trip with friends. Or maybe its just one or two of you, and you want a generous space to store lots of kit or change; this is the tent for you!
When paired with the dedicated inner tent: DD SuperLight - Pyramid Mesh Tent - Family Size, this creates an incredibly spacious tent which is both bugproof and fully stormproof.
A Spacious Safe Haven from Storms
Made entirely from DD Hammocks SuperLight Material, with a 3,000mm waterproof rating and fully taped seams - providing full protection from wet and stormy conditions to ensure you can stay safe and dry. A large vent on the rear of the tent allows for extra breathability, helping to work against condensation build-up.
Lightweight & Easy Set-Up
Though this is a roomy tent, that does not mean its' a heavyweight, or bulky like other tents of this size - it will not take up masses of room in your rucksack, car boot or kit cupboard, and is supplied with a helpful compression sack to suit your needs.
Setting up is simple. All you need is one pole* (at a height of 1.8m) extended through the centre of the tents. Alternatively, you can tie off the top loop to a sturdy overhead branch or ridgeline, negating the need for any poles!
*Pole for Set-Up: Please note - if you want to include a pole with the tent, you can select this as an option before you add to basket. If you are ordering both the inner and outer tent together (see below), you will only need one pole to set these up together.
Inner Tent: This tent is designed to pair easily with the dedicated inner tent: DD SuperLight - Pyramid Mesh Tent - Family Size, to create a fully waterproof and bugproof tent system.
|Size||L: 300cm; W: 230cm; H: 180cm|
|Weight||750g (Excl. Pegs)|
|Includes||SuperLight pegs x 13 (for set-up), 2 x spare SuperLight pegs, 5 x Black SuperLight guylines (2m), 5 x Fluorescent guy-lines|
- Suitable for 3 people, or 4 (2 adults, 2 children)
- Made from single layered SuperLight ripstop nylon, with 3,000mm fully waterproof PU coating throughout
- Simple set-up with 1 x Tarp Pole (at least 1.8m height - sold separately, or included as an option above at a small extra cost)
- Compatible with the bugproof inner tent: DD SuperLight - Pyramid Mesh Tent - Family Size
- 1 central top loop to tie off to an overhead point or tree
- Taped seams
- Includes both Black and fluorescent guy-lines for you to choose from.
- Zippered entrance which can be rolled up and fastened out the way
- Small back wall vent to increase air flow and prevent condensation
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $8.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $34.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $49.99
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered. In some cases, like during peak season and holiday periods, it may take longer. Shipping and processing times are a guide only, not a guarantee.
An order containing multiple items with different shipping times will by default ship on the timeframe of the slowest item, however, Gearshop reserves the right to split ship orders where we feel it is required.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-3 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2-4 business days. At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe. We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
Every now and then, life throws a curveball and deliveries might take a little longer. We're doing our best to get your goods to you ASAP. If you've got any questions about your order, just give us a shout.
We're actually pretty speedy most of the time. After dispatch, around 92% of our orders zoom out the door within 5 days. In the South Island 79% of those arrive in 2 days. And for the North Island 85% of orders make it in 5 days. We're always keeping a watchful eye on freight times to ensure the best experience for our customers. Watch this space for our full freight review.
Usually, your stuff should reach you within the expected time. However, no need to stress if it takes a little longer than 5 days, occasionally things don't go exactly to plan. If you need something super soon and it's less than 6 days before your desired delivery date, just chat with us before ordering.
Keep in mind, we can't give refunds for delays beyond our control or if you've ordered last-minute without letting us know. We're all about making things smooth, so drop us a line if you're unsure.
Kindly note that if a package happens to go missing, Gearshop won't be able to offer a replacement or refund if the courier can provide evidence of delivery.
For the latest updates on the Courier Network Status, please refer to the following links:
Click & Collect
We now offer Click & Collect as an option via our website, you can place your order and select to collect. In some cases your order may be available the same or next day, but that may not always be the case, so we will notify you by text message or email where possible, when your order is ready to be collected. this could be up to 48 hours after ordering. So try and include a cell phone number with your order. If you need something urgently, give us a call or email before placing the order, to make sure we have it available for you right away.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.