Maximum performance, minimal size. The compact EVO5 is packed with the right technology to make it simple to use during a search. Both everyday and occasional users will love this device.
The EVO5, the latest arrival in our line of transceivers, capitalizes on ARVA’s 35-year expertise to fit in the palm of your hand. Our R&D team pushed the size/performance ratio past the edge of the envelope to create a device that fits perfectly in your snow pants' pocket. With a 50m search strip width, group check, mark function, and an automatic revert-to-transmit mode, the EVO5 is jam packed with all of the essential functions needed to rescue an avalanche victim. Equipped with a backlit screen and a speaker that emits a precise, modulated beep, this transceiver will efficiently and effectively guide you to the burial zone.
Warning: Holster sold separately
- DESIGN AND ERGONOMICS
The design and ergonomics of the device were taken into account from the very beginning of the EVO5's development to make handling simple and intuitive. A 3 position slider, an extra large screen and a central marking button make it easy to operate the device during the search.
EVO5, A MINIATURE DVAThe EVO5 is the smallest DVA ever designed by the ARVA brand. With only 11cm in height and 7cm in width, it is one of the most compact detectors on the market. Its size and light weight of 170g allow it to be forgotten without neglecting performance in an emergency situation.
DIFFERENT CARRYING OPTIONSThe EVO5 will be delivered with a carrying strap and a leash to allow the camera to slide into a pocket while keeping a solid attachment around the waist. A holster for traditional porting will be available as an option.
50M SEARCH BANDWIDTHBandwith corresponds to the size the area «scanned» by the searching device. The device’s search area increases as bandwidth increases. This criterion is often used to compare beacon performance.
INTERFERENCE MANAGEMENTInterference management maximizes the device’s performance in search mode in an environment «overrun» by electromagnetic interference. To accomplish this, the device in search mode automatically reduces the bandwidth and ignores all other frequencies to focus solely on the beacon being tracked. This function can be deactivated by the user.
AUTOMATIC SWITCH BACK TO EMISSIONDuring a search, in the event of a secondary avalanche, the return to transmit function allows the device to automatically switch back to transmit mode. This switch is activated either by timer after a certain period of time of user inactivity, or by motion detector after a certain amount of time where the device has not moved.
- 50m search strip width
- Group Check, test transmit frequency and power
- Mark function
- Digital signal processing
- Multiple burial indicator (3+)
- Automatic revert-to-transmit mode
- Interference management
- U-Turn alarm
- Backlit screen
- Weight: 170g (including wrist strap and batteries)
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.