Forget the gym. Go outside, and not only will you get in the best shape of your life, but you might even enjoy the experience.
That's exactly what John Colver, the award-winning founder of Seattle-based training company AdventX, has been teaching for nearly a decade. In Fit by Nature, he lays out his flagship 12-week outdoor training program, a regimen that requires nothing more than outdoor space and a little inspiration.
Starting with seasonal advice, the “Daily Dozen,” his “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, and details on how to utilize the outdoors, John leads you into his exercise and lifestyle program. He also covers fitness basics such as nutrition, injury prevention, goal-setting, and gear lists. With weekly charts and day-by-day descriptions, this book will push you to a new fitness level, whether you run up your neighborhood stairs, jump over logs on a nearby trail, swim laps at your local aquatic park, or simply do stretches in your own backyard. Featured sections include a compendium of all core exercises, sport-specific circuit training, and an AdventX On-Target Fitness Evaluation.
* Detailed 12-week program applicable for all levels of fitness
* No gym or equipment needed to participate - just access to the outdoors
* Measurable milestones and easy-to-follow fitness routines to keep you on track
* Written by award-winning fitness coach and mountain guide John Colver
By author: John Colver With: Mary Nicole Nazzaro
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Paperback / softback
- $6.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $24.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.