Navigate the World Hands-free
- Durable, constructed to military standards (MIL-STD-810G); night vision goggle compatible
- Works with GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite systems to provide accurate positioning
- Know where you are with navigation sensors, including 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis compass and a barometric altimeter; smart notifications allow your device to receive emails, texts and alerts
- Foretrex 701 adds Applied Ballistics Elite™ software that calculates aiming solutions for long-range shooting
- Battery life exceeds 48 hours in navigation mode, up to 1 week in UltraTrac™ mode and up to 1 month in watch mode
Navigate the world hands-free with Foretrex 601 and Foretrex 701 with AB Elite™ software — the durable, wrist-mounted GPS navigators built to military standards. Keep your bearings nearly anywhere with GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite systems.
Tougher Than It Needs to Be
Foretrex 601 and 701 navigators are beyond durable. They’re built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810G). They also include tactical features such as compatibility with night vision goggles and Jumpmaster mode.
Multi-GNSS Navigation Includes Galileo
Both Foretrex 601 and 701 work with 3 satellite navigation reception networks, including GPS, GLONASS and Galileo, to track your position in more challenging environments than GPS alone. Explore longer — battery life exceeds 48 hours in navigation mode and lasts up to 1 week in UltraTrac mode.
Navigation Sensors Keep You on Track
To guide you on and off the beaten path, Foretrex 601 and 701 provide comprehensive navigation and tracking using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearings, whether you’re moving or not.
The Most Accurate Ballistic Solver Available
Foretrex 701 with AB Elite software is an excellent aid for hunters and target shooters. It comes equipped with Applied Ballistics Elite software to calculate aiming solutions for long-range shooting.
Smart notifications — available on both devices — let you receive emails, texts and alerts from your mobile device right on your wrist. Use the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app to initiate the LiveTrack feature to allow others to follow your journey (within cellular coverage). Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect™ online fitness community and automatic software updates when paired to a mobile device.
|DIMENSION||2.9" x 1.7" x 0.9"|
|DISPLAY SIZE||2.0" diagonal|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||200 x 128 pixels|
|DISPLAY TYPE||high-resolution 4-color gray|
3.1 oz with batteries
2 AAA batteries (not included)
Exceeds 48 hours in GPS mode
|MIL-STD-810||yes (thermal, shock, water)|
Maps & Memory
|NAVIGATION TRACK LOG||10000|
|COMPASS||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
|GPS COMPASS (WHILE MOVING)||Yes|
Daily Smart Features
|SMART NOTIFICATIONS ON HANDHELD||Yes|
|PAIRS WITH GARMIN CONNECT™ MOBILE||Yes|
|SUN AND MOON INFORMATION||Yes|
|CONNECTIONS WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY||
yes (BLUETOOTH®, ANT+®)
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.