Golden Bay Sport Climbs
Welcome to Paradise! For those who haven’t been here before we had better warn you now that this is a very intoxicating place, a place where time stands still and people don’t take life too seriously. There are plenty of examples where people have arrived at Paynes Ford for two weeks and left two months later. Why, you may ask? Better ask that again after you have been here two weeks and try to leave. There are almost 400 climbs at your aching fingertips.
Paynes Ford caters for most needs – from the hard rock junkie to the mellow hang-out types. It’s got easy access; there are a variety of grades and types of climbing, good swimming holes and deep water bouldering for when it gets hot. The steep solid limestone dries quickly and climbing is only inhibited by the wettest weather – it’s even good in mid-winter (when the friction is better).
The coastal cliffs of the Pohara area offer a different style and environment to the climbing at Paynes Ford itself. There are more moderate climbs, the rock tends to have flat, positive, small edges, and routes are longer – up to 30m in some areas. Most cliffs are north-facing, thus are exposed to the sun until early afternoon. Pohara rock dries quickly and is the perfect place to climb year round.
Full colour – 108 pages – printed in New Zealand – spiral bound
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.