The shaft’s gentle curve just below the head gives greater clearance and makes anchoring easier on any sort of terrain, whilst the lower straight part of the shaft will penetrate into snow with little effort.
The Air Tech Evo is a T-rated axe. This stands for Technical and refers to its shaft and pick being rated to 400kg.
The head, which is hot forged from a single piece of steel, has become an established alpine classic.
Grivel was founded in 1818 and is the oldest ice axe manufacturer in the world today.
The most advanced axe technology, all in under 500 grams!
Both Axe and Hammer are the same weight.
- Material: Chromolly steel
- Hot Forged: Yes
- Blade Type: Classical positive
- Shovel / Hammer: Shovel
- Horizontal Resistance: 400 T
- Rubber Shaft Sheathing: Friction straps
- Weight 455g
Available lengths: 48 cm, 53 cm, 58 cm, 66 cm
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.