Kahtoola MicroSpikes Black Size XL
Kahtoola MicroSpikes Footwear Traction
See our other Kahtoola listings for other colours and sizes.
With a set of MICROspikes in your gear you will have the traction you need to make any terrain, any time of year possible, when full on crampons are just not necessary. Travel safely and quickly across ice, scree, snow-covered driveways, wet rocks... anywhere you need a little more traction than your footwear can give you - 4 wheel drive for your feet. Easy on/off and small enough for your pocket there's no reason not to have one of these useful pieces of gear with you.
Kahtoola MICROspikes - Named Backpacker's 2012 Editors' Choice Winner.
- Lightweight and one one piece
- Fits on shoes and boots
- Small enough for your pocket
- 10mm spikes are constructed of hardened stainless steel for maximum durability
- Constructed of high quality stainless steel, strategically placed spikes and flex-chain which combine to dig into the ground an grip any surface
- Strong elastomer with reinforced eyelets secures the spikes to your footwear in a snug responsive fit
- Heel tab makes pulling off and on easy
- Built in toe bar and flexible elastomer will keep your spikes in place, even when walking or running downhill
- Multi-purpose - just step in and go - adventure should always be this easy!
Number of spikes for each size:
- XS - 8
- Small - 8
- Medium - 8
- Large - 10
- XL - 12
Sizing for running shoes/hiking boots (note, these are US sizes):
X-Small: Youth 1-4
Small: Youth 4.5-7, Women 5.5-8.5
Medium: Women 8.5-11, Men 7-10.5
Large: Men 10.5-14
X-Large: Men 14-16
Sizing for insulated boots (US sizes):
Medium: Women 7.5-10, Men 6-8.5
Large: Women 10-12.5, Men 8.5-11
X-Large: Men 11-13.5