A compromise between a classic mountaineering ice axe and an ice climbing axe, the SUM’TEC is a versatile, lightweight, technical ice axe. It is easy to use in piolet-canne mode with its stainless steel spike and its slightly curved shaft. In piolet-traction, the ALPIX pick (forged into banana shape) and the new TRIGREST hand rest (adjustable without tools) ensure the efficiency required for technical passages, as well as bergschrunds, ice gullies.
- Lightweight technical ice axe, effective in piolet-traction or piolet-canne mode
- New version of the TRIGREST allows multiple hand grip possibilities, thanks to the simple, tool-free manual adjustment system
- The thin ALPIX pick (3.5 mm) is designed for effective penetration into ice. It is quickly and securely replaced with a unique screw lock system
- Stainless steel spike ensures excellent grip on rock
- Lightly curved handle protects the hand when climbing
- SUM’TEC hammer for easy piton placement. Hammer is now lighter and features keys for tightening bolts of 8 to 10 mm.
- Wide oval holes in the head and in the spike to facilitate clipping a carabiner
Length of shaft: 52 cm
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.