As a longtime paddling professional and National Team coach, author Dan Henderson draws from a lifetime of personal experience, teaching, and his academic research in exercise science to instruct readers on everything they need to know to get out on the water, including:
* Gear -- how to pick the right kayak for your body size, skill level, and lifestyle
* Foundations of safety, how to plan and prepare, and must-know advice for assisted and self-rescue
* Basic paddling styles to advanced techniques (side slipping, edging, bracing)
* Techniques for a range of conditions caused by wind, waves, currents, swells, and more
* Expedition planning and camping
* Getting the most out of kayaking for fitness
The latest addition to the award-winning Mountaineers Outdoor Expert series, Sea Kayaking: Basic Skills to Advanced Paddling Techniques, offers authoritative advice for paddlers of all levels, from beginners considering their first gear purchase to competitive kayakers looking to perfect their forward stroke.
* Features 130 demonstrative photographs and 30 charts and illustrations
* Written by a veteran paddling coach and expert in kayak stroke efficiency
* Advice from expert contributors throughout adds full range of experience
By author: Dan Henderson
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Paperback / softback
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.