Function: Shock absorbing sling designed to reduce peak loads in any climbing system!!
Multi-functional energy absorbing device. For provide added protection in climbing and rescue situations. Screamers not only absorb energy directly because of the stitch ripping effect, they also allow your rope to absorb more energy from the fall by increasing the time interval of the fall. Screamers can reduce shock loading in any rescue system. The standard Screamers can effectively reduce peak loads by 3-4kN in any climbing or rescue system. YATES original Screamers were first developed over ten years ago, YATES has since developed numerous variations on the Screamer. Screamers were originally designed to be used on less than ideal climbing protection such as small nuts, old 1/4" bolts, snow anchors or marginal protection. Yates have determined that the most effective activation for a standard screamer to be >2kN(550lbf.) for climbing related situations.
Screamers and Zippers have proven to be very successful in reducing loads to any anchor when it is stressed in excess of the activation force of the Screamer device. * When the Screamer activates, the action of the stitch ripping produces a loud tearing sound, indicating the system has reached the activation point of the Screamer(>2 kN). The activation point of a Screamer is consistently repeatable to +- 5% accuracy. (Screamers are very useful in documenting maximum loads in a given situation, such as their use in Rescue.) Screamers can be combined in series to double or triple the total absorption. Screamers can also be “ganged” to increase activation force and absorption.
Standard SCREAMER, SHORTY, ICE-SCREAMS:
Activation: >2kN. Reduction in system peak loading 3-4kN. Runner Strength: 26kN.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.