Yoga for Hikers will show you how to create a yoga practice at home that will keep you healthy, prevent injuries, and support and improve your outdoor passions. This guide feature easy-to-understand yoga poses and sequences designed to address the specific stresses that hiking enact on the body.
This guide feature:
• Detailed overviews of the areas of the body most impacted by climbing and hiking
• Injuries common to these sports that yoga can address
• Explanation of yoga's physical and mental benefits, and how it can enhance time on rock or trail
• Foundational techniques for creating a yoga practice, including the fundamentals of meditation
• Several sequences for a home practice, designed specifically for climbers and hikers
• Interviews with climbers and hikers who use yoga to support their physical strength and hone their mental focus—from professionals, such as Steph Davis and Buzz Burrell, to average weekend-warriors
For inspiration and visual appeal, the books include panoramas of yoga poses in outdoor settings, studio photos of the specific yoga poses and sequences, and technical drawings related to anatomy and common ailments.
By author: Nicole Tsong
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Paperback / softback
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.