- Keeps your butt dry on wet roads
- New patented FLIP-TIP™ attachment system
- Easy to fit, requires no tools
- Fits every standard rail saddle, also with carbon rails.
- Suitable for tire widths between 23-35 mm
Whether you commute to work or race in the UCI World tour, the Ass Saver Regular saddle mudguard will keep your butt dry and dramatically increase the comfort on cold and wet rides.
"Quite possibly the easiest fender to fit" Colin Levitch, Cycling News
The latest Ass Saver sports the new FLIP-TIP™ attachment system. Once fitted, simply fold up the tip of the Ass Saver and it will securely lock to the saddle rails.
Have no doubt, The fourth generation of Ass Savers clip-on mudguards is your new best friend. Easy to hook up with, never being a burden and always there to cover your back, no matter what.
Are you looking for a clip-on front mudguard? Combine your Ass Saver with the SPEED MULLET Regular!
Measures: 380x102 mm
Weight: 19 g
Material: 0.8 mm PP (Polypropylene)
Front rail attachment
Since 2014 all Ass Saver saddle mudguards attach to the front saddle rails only, ahead of the seat post attachment. The advantage with this solution is that saddles are more uniform in this area and we can therefore provide a proper fit to a much wider range of saddles. Attaching only to the front rails makes the mudguard self centering. If you accidentally kick it without noticing, it will strive to regain it's centered position. This is one of the key innovations in saddle mudguard technology and is therefore protected under patent No. WO2015036127
Using origami principles, the patent pending FLIP-TIP™ technology allows you to securely fasten the mudguard to the saddle with a simple flip of the tip, just like a cycling cap. To unlock, just flip the tip back down and pull backwards. Carbon rails The FLIP-TIP® technology is fully compatible with all types of carbon saddle rails.
Saddle bag compability
The new Ass Saver mudguard is a lot easier to install with a saddle bag than previous models. While we can't guarantee a perfect fit with all saddle bags, great improvements have been made with considerably less interference as a result.
The secret to transforming a flat piece of plastic into a functioning mudguard lies in the pre-folding prior to use. All the scoring lines have been carefully engineered to achieve locking mechanisms, self centering abilities, spring loading and material endurance. Please take the time to properly read the instructions/see the instruction video to ensure the best performance.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.