GO INTO THE WILD WITH A SATELLITE CONNECTION
To keep adventurers in touch and on track, the Montana 700i handheld combines the flexibility of on- or off-road navigation with global messaging and interactive SOS via inReach satellite technology.
- Big news. A full QWERTY keyboard lets you easily type messages.
- Wander wider and still stay in touch — with inReach for messaging and 24/7 SOS.
- Routable TopoActive Australia and New Zealand maps. Now you’re free to take it off-road or on.
- Meets MIL-STD 810 for thermal, shock, water and vibration.
- Get the clear perspective of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery right to your device.
- Power your adventures with 18+ hours of lithium-ion battery life in GPS mode.
Link up from way out — with inReach technology.
Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate via inReach device to inReach device in the field (active satellite subscription required).
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, the Garmin-powered International Emergency Response Coordination Centre (IERCC) with professional 24/7 global monitoring and response centre (active satellite subscription required).
Instead of relying on cellphone coverage, now your messages, SOS and tracking are transferred via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (active satellite subscription required).
Available inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your Montana handheld or paired devices, so you’ll know what to expect en route.
Be prepared. With navigation for any situation.
RUGGED BY DESIGN
This durable, water-resistant handheld is tested to U.S. military standards and features a glove-friendly 5” touchscreen that’s 50% larger than previous Montana models.
CITY NAVIGATOR MAPS
Seamlessly transition from trails to road navigation with preloaded City Navigator street mapping, which guides your drive with easy-to-follow turn-by-turn directions.
TOPOACTIVE AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND MAPS
To navigate your adventures, use preloaded TopoActive Australia and New Zealand maps. View elevations, coastlines, rivers, landmarks and more.
Use direct-to-device downloads of Birdseye Satellite Imagery (no annual subscription required) to see photo-realistic views and create waypoints based on landmarks.
Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
Use cellular connectivity to access up-to-date Active Weather forecasts through the Garmin Connect app.
For hunters and trainers, this Montana syncs with compatible Astro® or Alpha®
This preloaded app lets you easily download hiking, cycling and other Wikiloc trails shared by outdoor enthusiasts like you.
Stay on track while venturing off-grid.
Access to GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO satellite networks enables to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
The LiveTrack feature lets you wirelessly connect your device with other compatible Garmin GPS users, so they can follow your tracks, routes, waypoints and adventures.
Trek far and wide off-grid. Use Expedition mode, an ultralow-power GPS reference, to keep Montana tracking for a week or more between recharges.
EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE
An internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides more than 18 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
A variety of Montana handheld-compatible mounts (sold separately) lets you adapt your navigator for use on ATVs, boats, cars, motorcycles, RVs or other vehicles.
Physical & Performance
|Display Size||6.48 x 10.80 cm; 5" diag (12.70 cm)|
|Battery type||rechargeable lithium-ion (included)|
|Display Resolution||480 x 800 pixels|
|Dimension||9.19 x 18.30 x 3.27 cm|
|Interface||High speed micro USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|Weight||410 g with included lithium-ion battery pack|
|Display Type||WVGA transflective, dual orientation|
|Battery life||GPS Mode: up to 18 hours
Expedition Mode: up to 330 hours
GPS Mode, 10 min Tracking: up to 18 hours
Expedition Mode, 30 min Tracking: up to 300 hours
Maps & Navigation
|External memory storage||Yes (32 GB max microSD™ card)|
Yes (Topo for Australia & New Zealand)
|Navigation Routes||250, 250 points per route; 50 points auto routing|
|Navigation Track Log||20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities|
|Memory/History||16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)|
|Ability to add maps||Yes|
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.