Perfect for a small group, the award winning Katadyn Vario is a powerful water pump and filtration system in a small, lightweight package. This variable filter offers you the choice of two filtration methods depending on how dirty the water you are trying to make drinkable is. If the water is very dirty, you can direct the water first through a ceramic prefilter disc, then through the glass fibre filter to eliminate bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores and sediments. This ‘Longer Life’ mode means the glass fibre filter will last for longer and pumps water at the rate of 1L per minute with minimal pump resistance. If the water is cleaner and you want a higher output, you can simply use the Faster Flow mode and just use the glass fibre filter, which filters water at a quicker rate of 2L per minute.
The taste and odour of the water is also improved thanks to replaceable activated carbon granules. Dual piston mechanism provides continuous water flow with minimal effort, the rubber base, secure stand and an integrated bottle thread fits directly on wide mouth bottles. Filter total capacity of 2000L, depending on the water quality. Replacement filters are sold separately.
- The most rugged microfilter on the market
- Exclusive silver impregnated ceramic cartridge
- Proven in challenging conditions worldwide
- Removes bacteria, giardia and cryptosporidium
- Technology: Cleanable ceramic disc, 0.2 micron pleated glass fibre microfilter
- Output: up to 2L/min
- Filter capacity: up to 2000L depending on water quality
- Weight: 425g
- Dimensions: 16cm x Ø 10cm
- Includes: Prefilter, bottle clip and carry bag
- $6.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $24.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.