With this headlamp you get a lot of brightness for your buck.
With a light output of 400 lumens and a beam distance of 180 metres, the MH5 provides you with all the light you will need for most adventures in a lightweight, rechargeable package. The improved battery casing ensures a more robust headlamp, and red light function is easier on the eye when in enclosed spaces or around other people.
The MH5 comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery but for ultimate versatility it also runs on AA alkaline batteries. The innovative mounting of the lamp head means it can be easily detached and used as a handheld light or fastened to other gear with the built-in clip. The patented Advanced Focus System allows you to seamlessly focus from a broad floodlight to a sharp long-distance beam, while Smart Light Technology gives you two light options of high and low power.
- Smart Light Technology (SLT) offers 2 different light functions (high power, low power).
- Advanced Focus System brings a seamless transition from broad floodlight to sharply focused long-distance beam.
- Magnetic charging system Touch two magnets together to begin charging.
- Detachable lamp head creates an innovative mounting system lets you detach the light from the headlamp strap and attach it to yourself or gear with the built-in metal clip.
- Tiltable lamp head so you can angle the light where you need it.
- Energy Status indicator warns of a low battery.
- Detachable, washable headband which is made from high quality material that absorbs sweat, is comfortable to wear and soft against your skin.
- Runs on either standard (alkaline) or rechargeable (NiMH) batteries for ultimate versatility.
- Brightness (High) 400 lumens
- Brightness (Low) 20 lumens
- Beam Range (High) 180m
- Beam Range (Low) 40m
- Burn Time (High) 4 hours
- Burn Time (Low) 35 hours
- Water/Dust resistance IP54
- Weight 92g
- Battery Li-ion Rechargeable 14500 3.7V (included)
- SLT Light Functions High Power, Low Power, Red light
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.