Lightweight performance ice axe for glacier travel, with a meticulous design and finish. The GLACIER ice axe offers very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to its very high quality steel pick, guaranteeing both solid bite and durability. It also has an anodized aluminum shaft with a machined handle for excellent grip.
Lightness and comfort:
- the upper part of the pick offers excellent grip (comfortable supporting surface)
- the pick and the shaft are lighter, yet extremely robust
Very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to:
- the profile of the pick, for sure and stable anchoring
- the toothed steel pick, thinner and durable at the tip (3 mm)
- the stainless steel spike, for very good penetration in hard snow
High strength and practical aspects:
- high-quality steel pick (identical to picks of technical ice axes)
- very strong steel adze with with an edge designed for efficient cutting of steps
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent rust protection
- handle cut into the shaft provides better grip when used for technical ice climbing
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 1
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Ice axe sold with LINKIN leash
Material(s): heat-treated steel, aluminum 7075
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.