Ice axe for technical mountaineering and ice climbing
QUARK is a versatile ice axe, designed primarily for technical mountaineering and for ice climbing. Because of the head's modular construction, it adapts to any situation.
The QUARK ice axe is easy to use: its balance and its ICE pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and to the shape of the pick.
Structure is entirely modular for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
- equipped with the MARTEAU, the TRIGREST hand rest and the GRIPREST, the QUARK is a versatile tool adapted to technical mountaineering and ice climbing (an adze may also be added, if necessary)
- equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights (optional), and without the MARTEAU, the QUARK has an exceptional swing adapted to the coldest ice. It is ideal for ice climbing.
- without any accessories, the QUARK weighs only 460 g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example
Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock
Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the GRIPREST)
Carabiner hole under the GRIPREST
The TRIGREST hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools). The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the TRIGREST.
Pick type: 2
Shaft type: 2 Ice axe sold with ICE pick, MARTEAU, TRIGREST and GRIPREST
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Length of shaft: 48cm
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.