Compact self-braking descender
The RIG self-braking descender allows the user to easily position himself at the work station by using the handle to lock the device in place on the rope. Easy to grasp, this descender is intuitive and convenient to use. With its innovative and compact design, the RIG offers a simple, efficient alternative to traditional descenders.
Designed for rope access work (expert users only)
Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
Handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness
The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a progress-capture haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
Lowers heavy loads up to 200 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
Available in two colors: yellow and black
Min. rope diameter : 10,5 mm
Min. rope diameter : 11,5 mm
Weight : 380 g
Certification(s) : CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 341 classe A, NFPA 1983 Technical Use
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.