Classic mountaineering ice axe
Designed for classic mountaineering, the SUMMIT ice axe offers an excellent balance between price and performance. It is lightweight and offers good anchoring performance of both the head and the spike; it is curved to offer necessary clearance for steep ice; it can be used in piolet-canne or piolet-rampe mode as well as in piolet-traction mode on short, steep sections.
Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power
- the upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- the lower part is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow
Pick and adze in hot-forged steel, ensuring solid anchoring:
- pick is thin (3 mm) and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice
- pick is thicker in the middle to favour anchoring in soft snow
- teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode
- durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode
High strength and practical aspects:
- very durable steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently
- tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminium shaft (7075 aluminium, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent protection
-handle is cut into the adze to create a better grip
Ice axe compatible with LINKIN leash
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 1
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Material(s): heat-treated steel, aluminium 7075, stainless heat-treated steel
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.