Rock Exotica Pirate Orca-lock Carabiner
O.R.C.A. Lock System
Open Regular Close Auto
3-Stage autolock: Lift up, twist and open the gate
The ORCA is a unique autolock sleeve/gate that can be set in the unlocked position. When you open the gate it is just like opening a non-locker, but the act of opening the gate "triggers" it and when the gate closes it will autolock just like a regular autolocking carabiner.
Why it’s good:
The ORCA can be unlocked on your rack for easy access without any of the gymnastics involved in opening a conventional autolock in tight situations. Then when you clip it in something it will lock. Or, if you put it in a bolt hanger, tripod head, etc., and hold the sleeve when closing it will remain unlocked. Then you can turn the biner over and install a rope, pulley, etc., just like it was a non-locker, but when the gate snaps shut it will be locked. When climbing something sketchy, do you ever want to use a locker for your first placement? Use it for the bottom biner in a quickdraw and you can simply put the rope in and it will lock when it closes.
Weight: 89 gm
Major axis: 26 kN
Minor axis: 11 kN
Open gate: 7 kN
Gate opening: 25 mm
USA Made - All manufacturing is done at their factory in Utah.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.