We took our original waterproof sock and beefed it up to take on both the cold and rain. Wet feet can lead to all sorts of not-so-good things outdoors, including numbness, blisters, and frostbite. Our Waterproof Cold Weather Mids will keep you dry and warm in leaky waders, through stream crossings, and in rain, snow, and mud. Around the clock protection, we like to think that every person should keep a pair in their pack -- just in case. Our cold weather socks are crafted using a three-layer bonded construction that combines a 100% waterproof hydrophilic membrane with a premium Merino wool interior for warmth and sweat-wicking, and a durable nylon blend exterior with 4-way stretch for great fit and wearability. Designed with warmth in mind these socks are constructed with the finest Merino wool and an added a layer of terry-loop knitting. This loop knitting actually traps heat within the air pockets keeping you warmer when you're in the coldest conditions. The perfect mix of waterproofness and breathability, waterproof socks are ideal for keeping your feet dry and warm while cycling, hunting, commuting, working outside, fishing, or hiking.
We pioneered the use of a unique hydrophilic membrane that's 100% waterproof yet pulls moisture away from your skin at the molecular level -- keeping you dry and cool all at the same time. And with a Hydrostatic Head of >20,000mm, our socks stay waterproof under the toughest of conditions.
Our 100% waterproof socks are constructed using premium materials and by bonding three layers together to make one highly waterproof and breathable sock:
- Outer Layer - 90% Nylon, 10% Elastane
- Middle Layer - 100% Hydrophilic Membrane
- Inner Layer - 35% Merino Wool, 35% Acrylic, 23% Polyester, 3.5% Nylon, 3.5% Elastane
Please refer to the size guide in the photos.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.