Trusted on mountains and trails for over 15 years, SteriPEN® Classic is the best-selling portable UV purifier of all time. Since 1999, hundreds of thousands of people have ensured their drinking water is safe and avoided ruined adventures with SteriPEN® Classic.
The next generation of Classic operates on four AA batteries batteries. With one set of alkaline batteries, Classic 3 purifies up to 50 liters or supercharge your Classic 3 with lithium batteries and treat up to 150 liters. With a lamp life of up to 8,000 liters, you’ll be drinking safe water for over 7 years!
The 40×40 micron screen Pre-Filter fits perfectly on wide-mouth one liter water bottles and removes particulates that can get in the way of UV light in water. The Pre-Filter is designed to be stored directly on a wide mouth bottle and the SteriPEN Classic 3 fits perfectly in the filter. Just insert Classic 3 in the filter opening, turn the bottle upside down, and gently rock to circulate light throughout bottle. The tapered end also fits snugly in plastic water bottles. Just insert the lamp into the water bottle, turn it upside down and gently rock the bottle.
Ergonomic design with a new easy-to-remove twist-off cap.
The first SteriPEN to work effectively with alkaline batteries. Can be powered by alkaline, lithium, or NiMH batteries.
Enhanced LEDs indicate treatment size and status of batteries and lamp.
Watertight. No more worries about dropping your Classic 3 in a bottle or stream.
So easy … just activate, place in water, and stir. LED indicators flash to let you know when water is safe to drink.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.