If you’ve been wondering why you’re seeing more people using walking poles while exercising in your neighbourhood, wonder no more. Walking poles give the upper body a decent workout while the legs are getting a workout while they walk - that adds up to a full-body workout. That’s why walking poles just like the ones we sell are becoming more popular in everyday situations as well as in more challenging terrains. So, if you want to get more out of your daily walks, how about checking out the benefits of walking poles?
To start, it has been shown that walking poles reduce the accumulated stress on the feet, legs, knees and back. This occurs because walking poles allow the load to be shared more evenly across the whole body, and this is why they’re popular with people who go hiking with a heavy pack on their back.
Walking poles have been proven to work your arms, shoulders, chest and upper back muscles through a functional range of motion as you walk. This means you’re getting so much more from your walk than you would without them. And then, there are all these advantages to consider as well.
- Walking poles can protect the knees, especially when walking down steep hills.
- Conversely, they can boost power and endurance when walking uphill.
- They assist in maintaining your balance on uneven trails (and streets).
- They straighten and Improve posture, making you stay more upright as you walk and helping your breathing as a result.
- Walking poles can reduce fatigue and improve endurance, which means you’ll comfortably be able to cover longer distances as you walk.
- They burn significantly more calories by giving you an upper body workout as well as a legs workout.
- They strengthen muscles that support the spine, which helps your body’s core give you the balance and mobility you need.
- Walking poles can develop muscles in your arms, shoulders and neck.
Any exercise is better than none at all, and walking is certainly superior to sitting! But just imagine if you could get so much more out of your daily walk? Walking poles can make your walk a workout, and give you many more benefits as a result. While we have poles that are ideally suited to more challenging outdoor activities, some of them are also perfect for daily walks. We invite you to contact us and we’ll happily help you choose a pair of walking poles that will best suit your individual requirements.