Longtime stand up paddler and instructor Rob Casey has authored the first and only comprehensive guide to the sport. From choosing the right gear to stroke techniques (j-stroke, Tahitian, sculling brace) and fitness advice, Rob will have you stand up paddling in no time.
Specific chapters focus on flat-water paddling, paddle surfing, and river paddling to show you exactly what you need to take your SUP skills and knowledge to a specific environment. Whether you want to learn about fitness or expedition planning in flat water, how to forecast waves and current for surfing, or how to use river eddies to your advantage -- it's all here in this easy-to-reference guidebook from a SUP expert.
Hawaiians were stand up paddle surfing (known as SUP) in the '50s and '60s, but the sport was first seen on the U.S. mainland in the early 2000s, when surfers Laird Hamilton and Rick Thomas brought it to California. Now you see SUP popping up everywhere and it's ranked as the fastest growing sport in the U.S. by the Outdoor Industry Association.
* Stand Up Paddling (SUP) is the fastest growing outdoor sport
* The first comprehensive guidebook to how to SUP at all levels
* SUP appeals to everyone, from fitness enthusiasts to paddlers looking for a new challenge
By author: Rob Casey
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Paperback / softback
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.