Use the Bivy Stick to turn your cell phone into a satellite communication device. With global satellite coverage via the Iridium satellite network, anywhere you have a view of the sky, you can communicate through the Bivy Stick. While conveniently compact, the Bivy Stick still offers a comprehensive feature set including two-way text messaging, SOS, location sharing, one-touch Check-in, and detailed weather reports sent straight to your cell phone via satellite. Additionally, offering a feature not provided with many other satellite communicators, the Bivy Stick provides users with a dedicated phone number and email. This important feature allows unsolicited incoming messages, meaning that those that are most important to you can reach you at any time, without the need for you to initiate contact.
The value of the Bivy Stick is further enhanced via key accessories such as the large variety of available mounting options. The many available mounts allow users to attach the Bivy Stick to any vehicle, backpack, or structure and make it an ideal device for adventurers who find themselves going from one activity to another. The available portable and lightweight solar panel also provide for greater flexibility of use. Featuring intelligent charging technology, the solar panel allows users to efficiently harness solar power and conveniently extend the battery life of the Bivy Stick while off-grid.
Bivy App’s Role
The Bivy app has more than 50,000 adventures ready to be explored. No matter what you like to do in the outdoors, you can find a place to do it with the Bivy app. With twenty different adventure types all at your fingertips, the Bivy App is a versatile tool that can facilitate all your adventure needs. The Bivy App also allows you to keep track of all your adventures. Track your pace, mileage, altitude, and more. Plus get access to detailed offline maps everywhere in the world. Always know where you are, even without cellular service.
As a leader in life-saving products for both professional and recreational use, ACR’s Bivy Stick brings the safety and peace of mind of affordable and reliable satellite communication to everyone.
Features and Benefits:
- Global satellite coverage (Iridium)
- Send and receive messages via satellite
- Weather forecasts via satellite
- SOS monitoring via satellite (Global Rescue)
- Location tracking and sharing via satellite
- Map display and navigation
- Offline maps
- One-touch Check-in (available directly from the device and via the app)
- Thousands of mapped climbing, hiking, biking, paddling, skiing routes
- Send/receive messages and exchange locations with other Bivy Stick users
- Unsolicited incoming messages
- Dedicated phone number and email
- Personal profile with tracks and stats
- Hundreds of mounts are available
- Small and lightweight
2-WAY TEXT SATELLITE COMMUNICATION
Able to send text messages to phone numbers or email addresses.
LOCATION SHARING & TRACKING
Keep your loved ones up-to-date on your progress or share a single location when you reach camp.
Check in button on the device sends unlimited free preset messages and your location without using your phone.
100% GLOBAL SATELLITE COVERAGE
Works anywhere you can see the sky.
NEW ZEALAND PRE PAID SUBSCRIPTION PLANS
Plan fees and Terms & Conditions all include NZ$ & GST.
Two Handy Tips for NZ use.
-When texting you have to include the + 64 county code before the phone number you have selected.
-It's best to pre-download the map or area of the place you will be hunting or hiking in to save on your phone battery while in use.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $8.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $34.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $49.99
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered. In some cases, like during peak season and holiday periods, it may take longer. Shipping and processing times are a guide only, not a guarantee.
An order containing multiple items with different shipping times will by default ship on the timeframe of the slowest item, however, Gearshop reserves the right to split ship orders where we feel it is required.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-3 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2-4 business days. At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe. We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
Every now and then, life throws a curveball and deliveries might take a little longer. We're doing our best to get your goods to you ASAP. If you've got any questions about your order, just give us a shout.
We're actually pretty speedy most of the time. After dispatch, around 92% of our orders zoom out the door within 5 days. In the South Island 79% of those arrive in 2 days. And for the North Island 85% of orders make it in 5 days. We're always keeping a watchful eye on freight times to ensure the best experience for our customers. Watch this space for our full freight review.
Usually, your stuff should reach you within the expected time. However, no need to stress if it takes a little longer than 5 days, occasionally things don't go exactly to plan. If you need something super soon and it's less than 6 days before your desired delivery date, just chat with us before ordering.
Keep in mind, we can't give refunds for delays beyond our control or if you've ordered last-minute without letting us know. We're all about making things smooth, so drop us a line if you're unsure.
Kindly note that if a package happens to go missing, Gearshop won't be able to offer a replacement or refund if the courier can provide evidence of delivery.
For the latest updates on the Courier Network Status, please refer to the following links:
Click & Collect
We now offer Click & Collect as an option via our website, you can place your order and select to collect. In some cases your order may be available the same or next day, but that may not always be the case, so we will notify you by text message or email where possible, when your order is ready to be collected. this could be up to 48 hours after ordering. So try and include a cell phone number with your order. If you need something urgently, give us a call or email before placing the order, to make sure we have it available for you right away.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.