- 6 colors coordinate with the most popular cam colors
- Still the lightest full-size carabiner in the world
- Optimized body design increases rigidity and strength without increasing weight
- Redesigned interface between the gate and nose helps to protect the wire gate from damage and accidental opening
- 8 colors coordinate with the most popular cam colors
The Photon Wire remains one of the lightest carabiners in the world and is still significantly larger than other carabiners in its class. The newest generation features an updated body design that increases strength and rigidity to handle the odd stresses that climbers put on their gear. We have also redesigned the interface between the gate and nose to help protect the wire gate from damage or accidental opening. Available in eight colors for individually racking cams – team the sling color with the coordinating carabiner color for the fastest way to identify the right cam size on the sharp end and reorganize the rack at belays. The Photon Wire is perfect for climbers who want a racking carabiner that is lightweight and low-profile but still clips with the ease of a high-end quickdraw. It is particularly well-suited for difficult trad leads or alpine mixed routes and ice climbing where a full-size carabiner is much easier to operate while wearing gloves.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $8.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $34.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $49.99
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered. In some cases, like during peak season and holiday periods, it may take longer. Shipping and processing times are a guide only, not a guarantee.
An order containing multiple items with different shipping times will by default ship on the timeframe of the slowest item, however, Gearshop reserves the right to split ship orders where we feel it is required.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-3 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2-4 business days. At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe. We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
Every now and then, life throws a curveball and deliveries might take a little longer. We're doing our best to get your goods to you ASAP. If you've got any questions about your order, just give us a shout.
We're actually pretty speedy most of the time. After dispatch, around 92% of our orders zoom out the door within 5 days. In the South Island 79% of those arrive in 2 days. And for the North Island 85% of orders make it in 5 days. We're always keeping a watchful eye on freight times to ensure the best experience for our customers. Watch this space for our full freight review.
Usually, your stuff should reach you within the expected time. However, no need to stress if it takes a little longer than 5 days, occasionally things don't go exactly to plan. If you need something super soon and it's less than 6 days before your desired delivery date, just chat with us before ordering.
Keep in mind, we can't give refunds for delays beyond our control or if you've ordered last-minute without letting us know. We're all about making things smooth, so drop us a line if you're unsure.
Kindly note that if a package happens to go missing, Gearshop won't be able to offer a replacement or refund if the courier can provide evidence of delivery.
For the latest updates on the Courier Network Status, please refer to the following links:
Click & Collect
We now offer Click & Collect as an option via our website, you can place your order and select to collect. In some cases your order may be available the same or next day, but that may not always be the case, so we will notify you by text message or email where possible, when your order is ready to be collected. this could be up to 48 hours after ordering. So try and include a cell phone number with your order. If you need something urgently, give us a call or email before placing the order, to make sure we have it available for you right away.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.