Dry Weather Chain Lube - Suitable for all bikes
Fenwicks Dry Weather Chain Lube Excellent lubrication in dry, dusty environments. A very effective synthetic lube that has low build up properties, resulting in exceptionally clean operating conditions with outstanding performance.
Most lube brands actually talk about the make-up of the lube dry, wet, mineral or synthetic etc rather than the type of environment the lube is designed to be used in.
Synthetic oils are far superior to mineral oils (petrol chemical based) in reducing friction, wear, corrosion and their longevity, due to the ability to be perfectly blended to bespoke formulas giving the desired mechanical and chemical properties.
For bicycles wet style lubes offer the most protection as the operating temperatures necessary for solid particles in dry lubes i.e. PTFE, graphite, etc are rarely reached to maintain their mobility. Therefore once the dry particles have been pushed away from the touching surfaces then they do not return.
The environment plays a major roll as contaminates soon become introduced. The oils ability to cope which such conditions depends upon the blend of additives used to construct the oil. As conditions in the UK vary so wildly from one day to the next it is very difficult to be able to provide the perfect lube. Compromises can be made but that?s not good enough for todays racing enthusiast and avid cyclist.
Fenwick's have developed synthetic lubes for UK and European riding conditions. The advantages to using these oils are;
- Smoother, quieter functioning bike.
- Increased protection against corrosion.
- Decreased wear.
- Increased maintenance periods.
- Reduced environmental contamination, i.e. cleaner operation.
- Environmental benefits are less waste oil, lower volumes used, more tenacious therefore less trail contamination.
Fenwicks Dry Weather Chain Lube, is s specific blend of synthetic ingredients with additives to reduce corrosion, (corrosion inhibitors, antioxidants, and metal deactivators), anti wear and friction modifiers, anti static and a little extra to reduce evaporation.
Giving a very effective lube that has low build up properties resulting in exceptionally clean operating conditions with outstanding performance.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items, and today's hot deal
- A shipping charge of up to $85 (North Island) or up to $95 (South Island) applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.