Making your trail camera’s batteries last longer is one of the best ways to assure less trips into your spot. The Keepguard Trail Camera Solar Panel extends your trail camera battery life by months! Use the included adjustable screw-in bracket to mount it near your camera. Attached the positive locking cables and your done!
The solar panel has an internal lithium ion power core, which is continuously charged by the solar cells when they are exposed to the sun. Once connected, the camera will draw its power from the solar panel’s charged lithium battery for as long as possible, switching to its internal batteries only when the Solar Panel’s battery’s charge level is too low. As a result, the camera’s batteries will have significantly longer life.
Charging the Solar Panel Via USB
The Solar Panel also includes a USB port allowing the internal power core to be “pre-charged” before field use, from a computer’s USB connection or similar available source of USB power. Doing this is NOT required prior to use but will allow it to begin providing supplemental power to your camera immediately, instead of waiting for the solar cells to build up adequate charge. To use this feature, connect a compatible USB Mini cable (not included) from the Solar Panel to your computer or an adequate power source. The charging indicator LED on the back of the Solar Panel will glow red while charging is in progress, then turn green when charging is complete.
Mounting and Camera Connection
A mounting bracket is provided with the Solar Panel. The bracket should first be screwed into the tree at a point above the camera where the solar panel has a unobstructed exposure to the sun for the longest part of the day. With the swivel head firmly attached to the tree bracket, connect the threaded bolt at the end of the swivel head to the mounting socket (brass 1/4" x 20) on the back of the Solar Panel. Loosen the swivel head knob, then the Solar Panel so that the solar cells are aimed at the sun. Once aligned tighten both locking collars. Finally, attached the supplied cable to both the solar panel and the camera and tie up the slack.
- Power Requirement: 5 V @ min 500mA
- USB Charging Voltage: 4V ~ 6V
- Discharging Voltage: 7V ~ 8.4V
- Max. Discharge Current: 2A
- Max. Charge Voltage Protection: 6V
- Recommended Charging Time: 12 hours for full charge
- Charging Priority: If both USB and solar charging sources are available, USB charging will have higher priority than solar.
- Operating Temperature: -20 - 40°C (Storage temperature: -30 - 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% - 90%
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.