The new 290 Xtra is the perfect solution in terms of stability for hobbyist photographers.
The 290 Xtra is a 3-section tripod, the biggest in the 290 range, with aluminium leg tubes and special top casting enhancing rigidity, durability and performance. Its aluminium leg-locking levers are tension-adjustable, so they can be tightened to counteract any effects of aging and wear, keeping the tripod fully functional throughout its long lifespan. This tripod’s key feature is its choice of four leg angle positions which maximize shooting creativity. Its rapid centre column adds flexibility and extends the min-max height range. A new rubber legwarmer guarantees comfortable grip and maximum ergonomics. The tripod comes with a dedicated shoulder bag ensuring comfortable portability at all times.
The 290 Xtra comes in a kit with a center ball head specifically designed for compactness and transportability. Its broad, spherical movement together with its quick release plate mechanism enable rapid, easy framing. The head carrying the 200 PL plate is fully made of aluminium and features friction control to help photographers make the finest adjustments to their compositions even with heavy equipment.
Weight 2.20 kg
Safety Payload Weight 5 kg
Max Height 170 cm
Closed Length 65.5 cm
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.