Tent & Gear SolarProof
The easy to use, safe, high performance waterproofing and UV blocker for all synthetic weatherproof textiles. For canvas tents use Nikwax Cotton Proof™
Adds Durable Water Repellency, increases fabric strength & protects against UV deterioration; one application can double the effective life of fabrics. Can be applied to wet or dry synthetic fabrics.
Use Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® when your gear is new or wash your tent first with Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash™
To most effectively benefit from the ultraviolet (UV) and Durable Water Repellent (DWR) protection of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® it is best applied to equipment from new.
During use the equipment fabric will pick up dirt and other contaminants which stop water from beading on the fabric surface. When this occurs the DWR can be revitalised by cleaning with Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash.
Over time the DWR will wear off through use. Both the DWR and UV protection can be replenished by reapplication of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof®.
Being water-based, Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® is safe to apply.
Alternative waterproofing products are solvent-based, aerosols, or use fluorocarbons and leave a surface coating on your outdoor equipment. These products are flammable and from a health point of view it is best not to breathe in their solvent or propellant content.
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® is a safe product to use on your outdoor equipment. It is water-based, non-flammable, contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and is fluorocarbon free.
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® has been specifically designed and optimised for outdoor equipment to provide Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and ultraviolet (UV) protection. Unlike solvent-based products, which need to be applied to dry materials, Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® can be applied to wet or dry fabrics. So if your equipment is wet there is no need to wait for it to dry before you treat it with Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof®.
Due to COVID restrictions and freight disruption, online orders may take longer than usual to arrive. We’re doing all that we can to get them to you as soon as possible.
Also, due to COVID restrictions, depending on the alert/protection framework level in your area, contactless delivery may be required and couriers may leave parcels unattended on your property.
Please be aware that, in the event that a parcel goes missing, Gearshop will not be able to provide a replacement or refund where the courier is able to supply proof of delivery.
All charges are in New Zealand Dollars.
- $6.99 standard shipping on all New Zealand orders under $95
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $95, excluding certain oversized or heavy items
- A $85 (North Island) or $95 (South Island) shipping charge applies to each oversized or heavy item
- A $5 surcharge applies to all NZ rural or PO Box/Private Bag addresses
- A $10 surcharge applies to Chatham Islands and Waiheke Island addresses
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items to Chatham Islands
- $24.99 shipping on all Australian orders
- Shipping charges to other international destinations range between $37.99 and $45
- We cannot ship oversized or heavy items internationally
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible. While in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 business days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 business days within the North Island. Rural addresses could take up to an additional 2 business days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following timeframes:
- North Island: 3-7 business days
- North Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 3-7 business days
- Waiheke Island: 4-8 business days
- South Island: 2-6 business days
- South Island rural or PO Box/Private Bag: 2-6 business days
- Chatham Islands: 7-10 business days
- Oversized or heavy items: 5-7 business days to all NZ addresses (excluding Chatham islands)
Australia: 7–10 business days (metropolitan areas only).
Canada: 10 business days
Hong Kong: 10 business days
UK/Ireland: 10 business days
USA: 10 business days
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure that your goods arrive within a reasonable timeframe. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.