Compact energy absorber
ABSORBICA is a compact energy absorber, for use in combination with a JANE lanyard to make a fall arrest lanyard. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the absorber is protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection. It has two options for installation on the harness, according to the frequency of manipulation.
Designed for use in combination with a JANE lanyard, to make a fall arrest lanyard with a maximum length of two meters
Absorbs energy in case of a fall:
- tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
- progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
Minimal bulk: compact, to facilitate handling
Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- frequent connection/disconnection: using either a carabiner that is held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the absorber), or a MICRO SWIVEL to avoid tangling
- semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape ensures optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
Certification(s): CE EN 355, EAC
Length 22 cm
Length with connectors 80 to 200 cm, depending on the connectors
Weight 140 g
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.