The Stories: Author Mark Kroese gets 50 of the most accomplished climbers of this generation to reveal their all-time favorite climbing routes. Renowned climber Tony Yaniro reveals his personal challenges and controversies as he ascents Scirocco, east face of the Sorcerer at the Needles in California. More inside scoop from Roxanna Brock, Mark Twight, Jared Ogden and other great climbers proves a riveting read.
The Climbers: Each story includes a climber profile, garnered from hours of fascinating, thought-provoking, and often downright fun interviews. The climbers share personal anecdotes and offer their views on everything from ethics to style to training techniques. These well-crafted profiles give the reader a real sense of today's leading climbers.
The Routes: From Newfoundland to Yosemite, Mexico to British Columbia, the favorite routes offers excellent climbing, stunning views, wild exposure, or spectacular summits. Each one includes a summary, description of the approach, the route itself, and the descent, along with first-ascent information, ratings, time required, recommended equipment, best season, special considerations, and references.
* Author donates 25% of his proceeds from the book to the Access Fund
* 50 behind-the-climb stories
* 50 profiles of contemporary elite climbers
* 50 complete climbing route descriptions, many never published before
* Over 100 spectacular full-color photos
By author: Mark Kroese
Publisher: Mountaineers Books
Product Format: Paperback / softback
- $5.99 standard shipping on New Zealand orders under $75
- Free NZ shipping on orders over $75
- Bulky and oversized items cost $85 to the North Island and $95 to the South Island
- $21.99 on all Australian orders
- We cannot ship bulky and oversized items to Australia
From time-to-time, there can be delays beyond our control. We will do everything within our power to ensure your goods arrive within a reasonable time frame. If you have any queries or issues relating to your order, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We aim to process and dispatch your order as fast as possible, while in most cases this will happen within 24-72 hours, it can take up to 5 days, depending on what is ordered.
After dispatch, delivery is normally overnight within the South Island and 1-2 days within the North Island. Rural addresses could be upto an additional two days.
At this time, we do not offer urgent delivery as a standard freight option, however if you require your order urgently, please contact us before ordering to ensure that we can meet your delivery timeframe.
We aim to deliver your order within the following time-frames:
- North Island: 3-7 work days
- North Island rural: 3-7 work days
- South Island: 2-6 work days
- South Island rural: 2-6 work days
- Australia: 7–10 work days (metropolitan areas only
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.